Thursday, January 27, 2005

Buying the boat

I've been trying to get a demo of a Windrider 17 for over a year. Finally I gave up on the dealer and just decided to buy a used one he has and sell it if I don't like it. So, last night, we went and put $200 down on a $5700 trimaran. Looked to be in good shape, comes with a 2HP engine, trailer, jib and paddles. Not bad - that'd be around $8K new.

This will hopefully be a fun boat. We can trailer it to the wind since it's notoriously calm in the NW. It's big enough to handle any sea we'll find around the sound as well. Carrying 800lbs it should be good for sail camping too.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger John Mayo said...

Hi,
Thanks for your blog.
I live in White Salmon, in the gorge and am thinking about getting a windrider 17. I have lots of small boat experience. I have 2 5 year old kids and the WR17 looks like a good boat but it is so hard to know. Could you write me and tell me what you think after several years of experience.

Thanks

Johnmayo@gorge.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home